Suggestions on Selecting a Permanent Cosmetic Practitioner – Ten Questions to Ask About Permanent Makeup
- Ask about their professional background & training. Are the fully licensed, insured and are approved by your local Health Department.
- Ask how long they have been doing micropigmentation (semi-permanent cosmetics).
- Do they spend time explaining the procedure with you, the pre and post aftercare that is required.
- Ask if they use disposable needles. This is so important to your safety and welfare. Is the location clean and sanitary…
- Ask if they were trained by an instructor who is Board Certified?
- Ask what pigments they use? Do they do a pre-procedure test to check for allergies to the inks, etc?
- Ask if your makeup is “permanent” or if it will fade. If they insist your makeup is permanent, and will not fade, then consider consulting a second professional. All colors soften and fade over time and need to be refreshed every year or two in most cases.
- Ask if your practitioner can offer you advanced procedures like color correction, hair strokes for your brows, pleasing lip colors and eyeliner that won’t turn “tattoo” blue.
- Do they work in a medical office or commercial establishment? If they are working out of their home, run!
- Ask about pain control. Injections of local anesthetic should not be used for permanent makeup. Topical’s work well, are safe and don’t need a doctor.
What’s your refund policy?
We require a $100 non-refundable deposit in advance of your procedure. Full Payment is due at time of your appointment.
What is your cancellation policy
- 72 hour reschedule/cancellation notice is required to reschedule/cancel an appointment. If you fail to reschedule/cancel your appointment within the 72 hrs, full procedure payment and an additional $100 rebooking fee will be required to make a new appointment reservation.
- To avoid unfair delays to clients, if you are more than 5 minutes late to your appointment it will be necessary to reschedule. You will forfeit your original booking fee and an additional $100 rebooking fee will be required to make a new appointment reservation.
- You may only reschedule/cancel your appointment ONCE. This is a 1 time courtesy – No exceptions.
- If you No Show for your appointment (new or touchup), a $100 No Show Fee plus the procedure cost in full will be due before being put back on the schedule. Our scheduling is very structured. And our time as well as others is very important. Please understand that such changes affect not only your technician, but other clients as well.
What makes The Brow & Beauty Bar different?
The Brow & Beauty Bar is located in a medical office so you will receive the utmost care from our practitioners. We also work with local hospitals, doctors and non-profits to help clients that are in need of our Paramedical Tattooing services. We provide a reduced rate to those clients that are referred to us from those non-profits. Keva also volunteers her services as much as she can to her community to give to others that are in need.