Suggestions on Selecting a Permanent Cosmetic Practitioner - Ten Questions to Ask About Permanent Makeup
- Ask about their professional background & training. Are the fully licensed, insured and are approved by your local Health Department.
- Ask how long they have been doing micropigmentation (semi-permanent cosmetics).
- Do they spend time explaining the procedure with you, the pre and post aftercare that is required.
- Ask if they use disposable needles. This is so important to your safety and welfare. Is the location clean and sanitary...
- Ask if they were trained by an instructor who is Board Certified?
- Ask what pigments they use? Do they do a pre-procedure test to check for allergies to the inks, etc?
- Ask if your makeup is "permanent" or if it will fade. If they insist your makeup is permanent, and will not fade, then consider consulting a second professional. All colors soften and fade over time and need to be refreshed every year or two in most cases.
- Ask if your practitioner can offer you advanced procedures like color correction, hair strokes for your brows, pleasing lip colors and eyeliner that won’t turn "tattoo" blue.
- Do they work in a medical office or commercial establishment? If they are working out of their home, run!
- Ask about pain control. Injections of local anesthetic should not be used for permanent makeup. Topical's work well, are safe and don’t need a doctor.
What’s your refund policy?
We require a $100 non-refundable deposit in advance of your procedure. Full Payment is due at time of your appointment. You can reschedule for a different day per the availability schedule, but the deposit is still non-refundable - no exceptions.
Do you have customer service?
Of course! Keva is available to answer your questions that you may have on any micropigmentation procedure she offers.
What makes The Brow & Beauty Bar different?
The Brow & Beauty Bar is located in a medical office so you will receive the utmost care from our practitioners. We also work with local doctors and non-profits to help clients that are in need of our Paramedical Tattooing services. We provide a reduced rate to those clients that are referred to us from those non-profits. Keva also volunteers her services as much as she can to her community to give to others that are in need.